Friday, May 18, 2012

Planting in the new raised garden beds.....Grade 2s


Our Grade 2 classes worked in our new garden boxes yesterday. 
We loved planting our community garden!


It was really fun planting in our garden! ~ Anika

We went to the garden yesterday and planted carrots, swiss chard and radishes. ~ Alek

Everyone got a turn to plant. ~ Essa

It was really hot yesterday.  It was +29! ~ Nathan


I loved planting.  It was really fun! ~ Jager

My plants are growing.  I had fun. ~ Nayeli

It was fun and I love planting. ~ Taylor S.

I wondered why the seeds were wet. ~ Renee


I had so much fun planting. ~ Zachary

I wonder when the seeds will grow. ~ Ethan

My hands were really dirty when we were planting. ~ Garisen

The soil made my hands really dirty. ~ Hannah


We all took turns watering. ~ Alyssa

It was exciting planting the seeds. ~ Luke

I wonder why the pea seeds looked like hard corn. ~ Sidney

It was fun because I got to plant radishes, beans and a little bit of carrots. ~ Keenan


We planted radishes, swiss chard and lettuce and some beans ~ Joshua

We planted carrots, spinach and peas in our garden. ~ Kyra

We all watered our seeds. ~ Reeve

We all got to plant a seed. ~ Ava

8 comments:

  1. I am absolutely thrilled to be able to see these beautiful pictures of all of you planting in our brand new raised gardens. I know that this will just be the beginning of exciting possibilities at our school and reading about your planting experiences is motivating me to get outside in the sunshine this morning and start planting all of my flowers and my vegetable garden. I truly believe that those who love to plant, are actually planting happiness and promises for the future. I am so proud of all of you because I know that our future and our world is brighter today because of you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those gardens are big! You all worked hard to plant all those seeds...I hope you get a big harvest to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Poloski's Grade 3 ClassMay 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM

    You guys did a wonderful job. We enjoyed reading your comments and looking at your exciting pictures. The gardens are starting to look really good and we can't wait to see what you planted! We hope you guys had a lot of fun planting the garden and we hope you learned a lot of new and wonderful things!
    Thank you for making our world a better place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED PLANTING IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great pictures !! It's nice to see the school involved in so many activities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT WAS SO FUN I LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great to be able to see all the children enjoying planting seeds and being able to watch things grow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked awesome! Good planting guys. Your gardens are going to be jungles in no time :) Well done!!

    ReplyDelete